YIELD: 8-10 servings
2 avocados, smashed
1 ½ tbs. lime juice
1 ½ tbs. white miso
¼ small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 small serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
⅛ bunch cilantro, chopped
4 tbs. ponzu
1 tbs. sesame oil
1 tsp. honey
2 tsp. sriracha
2 finely chopped scallions
½ tsp. black sesame seeds
Dashes of nori komi furikake
8 oz. ahi tuna, chopped small cubes
Crispy sushi rice:
5 tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
4 tbs. warm water
1 tbs. sugar salt to taste
2 cups cooked small grain rice
1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds oil for frying
1. For miso guacamole: Combine all the miso guacamole ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well.
2. For tuna poke: Mix ponzu, sesame oil, honey and sriracha in a bowl. Fold in remaining tuna poke ingredients.
3. For crispy sushi rice: Combine rice vinegar, water, sugar and salt until sugar and salt are dissolved.
4. Add rice and sesame seeds to a mixing bowl.
5. Transfer vinegar mixture to bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
6. Form rice into 8-10 3" rectangles. Deep fry at 350°F for 2 minutes or until crispy.
7. To assemble: Place crispy rice cakes, miso guacamole and tuna poke on small appetizer plates. Top with additional nori komi furikake.
Recipe: Sherri Williams, competition chef and TV personality. Photo: Avocados From Mexico.