Betti Wiggins, executive director of food services for the Detroit Public Schools, has been named the winner of the 2017 Golden Star Director Award, the most prestigious honor awarded by the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) Awards competition.
The other 2017 winners are…
• Kevin Ponce of Oklahoma City Public Schools (Silver Star Leadership Award);
• Daniel Ellnor of Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville, Ky. (Silver Star Spirit Award);
• Meredith Potter of the Houston County Board of Education in Perry, Ga. (Rising Star Award);
• Gay Anderson of Brandon Valley (S.D.) 49-2 (Special Achievement Award);
• Shirley Brown of Rich Products (Friend of Child Nutrition Award).
The FAME Award winners will be honored at the School Nutrition Association (SNA) School Nutrition Industry Conference in Orlando Sunday, Jan. 22.
The 2017 FAME awards are sponsored by Basic American Foods, Schwan’s Food Service Inc. and Tyson Foods Inc.