YIELD: 4 servings
Blue Cheese Dressing:
16 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. Lea & Perrin Sauce
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
Black pepper, to taste
Chicken: 4 4 oz. chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
Oil, as needed for cooking
1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
4 hard rolls, split, toasted
Baby greens, as needed
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- FOR DRESSING: Place all ingredients, except pepper, in a bowl and mix. Blue cheese will be lumpy. Season with black pepper.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In separate shallow bowls, place the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Toss chicken lightly in the flour, then beaten eggs, finally the breadcrumbs.
- In a preheated sautè pan, pour approx. 2 Tbsps. oil. Place the chicken breasts in the oil, cook until golden brown on each side. Remove from the pan to an ovenproof tray. Bake in a 350°F oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Brush each chicken breast with hot sauce.
- Spread each roll with blue cheese dressing. Place chicken breast on roll.
- Toss baby greens with crumbled blue cheese, place the greens on top of the chicken. Cover with remaining hard roll half.
- Serve with celery sticks and fresh fruit.
Recipe and photo from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board