YIELD: 6 servings
Photo Credit: Aramark
1 3/4 tsps. olive oil
1/4 oz. Spanish yellow onion, minced
3/4 tsp. fresh garlic, peeled, minced
1/4 oz. fresh carrots, peeled, minced
1/4 oz. tomato paste
3/4 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 Tbsps., 1 1/4 tsps. water
2 Tbsps., 1 1/4 tsps. dry red wine
4 1/2 oz. marinara sauce, made in-house, held hot
3/4 tsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. fresh basil, chiffonade
6 each breaded chicken breasts (use Japanese Panko)
3 oz. prosciutto, shaved thin
6 oz. broccoli rabe, blanched
2 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced, sautèed in olive oil
6 oz. mozzarella, shredded
1 cup Arrabiata sauce (above)
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a heavy sauce pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and sautè until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots, tomato paste, lemon juice, oregano and crushed red pepper, cook 2 minutes.
- Add water and red wine. Cook until reduced by half.
- Add hot marinara sauce. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and basil; heat through. Cover and keep hot for service.
- TO FINISH: preheat conventional oven to 350°F. Place chicken breasts in a single layer on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Top each breast with 1/2 oz. prosciutto, 1 Tbsp. broccoli rabe, 1 Tbsp. sautèed mushrooms and 2 oz. spoodle of cheese. Bake for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- TO SERVE: Cover bottom of serving dish with sauce. Arrange chicken pieces over sauce. Ladle remaining sauce on top of chicken. Serve hot.
Recipe provided by Franceso Esposito, executive chef and Sean Craig, catering chef, Aramark Corp., Philadelphia, PA