Yield: 12 servings
3 cups sifted flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 Tbsps. cocoa powder
2 tsps. baking soda
3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsps. vinegar
2 tsps. vanilla
2 cups warm coffee
8 oz. mascarpone cheese
1⁄4 cup coffee liquor
Fresh cream, as needed
- For the cake: Combine dry ingredients (flour through baking soda) and make three
- Pour vegetable oil into one indentation, vinegar into another and vanilla into the last one.
- Pour warm (not hot) coffee over the ingredients and mix well with a fork.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- For the sauce: Combine mascarpone cheese with a few tablespoons of fresh cream to soften and add the coffee liquor to make a sauce.
- To assemble: Slice the chocolate cake and top with the Mascarpone mixture. Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.
Recipe from BelGioioso Cheese, Inc.