YIELD: 6 servings
2 Tbsps. garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. oil
1 lb. tuna, chopped or diced
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 /2 cup chiles, diced
3 cups salsa
1 /4 cup red onion, diced small
1 cup tomatoes, diced small
1 /4 cup cilantro, minced
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
6 ea. corn tortillas
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large skillet on medium-high heat, saute garlic in oil. Add chopped tuna and seasoning mix. Cook approximately 2 minutes. Add diced chiles and salsa; simmer approximately 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine chopped onion, tomato, cilantro and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place tortillas in oven until warm; remove.
- Divide lettuce among warmed tortillas. Add tomato and onion mixture; top with tuna mix.
- Top tacos with cheddar cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo from Phillips Foods, Inc.