YIELD: 4 servings
1 Tbsp. corn oil
1/2 lb. boneless, thin-sliced pork chops or tenderloins
to taste salt, pepper
1 tsp. oregano leaves, crumbled
4 8" flour tortillas 1 cup canned refried beans
1 1/3 cups Wisconsin brick cheese, shredded
1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup canned sliced jalapeno chiles, drained
as needed romaine lettuce, shredded
as needed cilantro, minced
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly sautè pork, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 min. per side.
- Remove from heat and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle oregano over the pork while hot, pressing into meat. Cut into pencil-size strips and set aside.
- Heat tortillas until soft, then keep warm. Heat refried beans.
- Spread surface of each tortilla with 1/4 cup refried beans, 1/3 cup cheese and a quarter of the pork. Layer the tomato, avocado, jalapeÒos, lettuce and cilantro over pork, dividing evenly among the tortillas.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and mayonnaise. Dollop 2 Tbsp. of mixture over each tortilla filling. Roll up tortillas tightly; cut each in half diagonally to serve.
Recipe: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board