YIELD: 12 servings
2 Tbsps. butter
2¾ cups pineapple in juice, canned, drained, diced
2 Tbsps. brown sugar
¼ tsp. kosher salt
1 cup Smucker's pineapple topping
1 cup red, orange and yellow bell peppers, fresh, minced
2 Tbsps. jalapeno peppers, fresh, seeded, chopped
1 Tbsp. lime juice, fresh
½ cup teriyaki glaze
¼ cup Caribbean jerk seasoning blend
2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
5½ lb. pork loin, boneless
1. Preheat conventional oven to 350°F.
2. For the relish: Combine butter, pineapple, brown sugar and salt in large skillet; simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until moisture has evaporated.
3. Add Smucker's pineapple topping, bell peppers, jalapenos and lime juice; simmer over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until relish thickens. Remove from heat; reserve.
4. For the rub: Combine teriyaki glaze, Caribbean seasoning and oil; whisk to blend.
5. Brush half of Caribbean rub blend evenly over pork. Grill-mark both sides of pork loin on hot grill; remove from grill.
6. Brush grill-marked pork evenly with remaining Caribbean rub; transfer to roasting pan and bake uncovered for 80 to 90 minutes, or until fully cooked.
7. To assemble single serving: Carve three 2-ounce slices of pork and shingle on plate. Accompany with ¼ cup relish.
Recipe and photo submitted by Smuckers Foodservice