YIELD: 32 servings
14 lbs. boneless pork loin, cut into four
3-1/2 lb. center cut roasts
6 ozs. dried wild mushroom mix
1 qt. + 2 cups boiling water
2 Tbsps. olive oil
8 ozs. shallots, minced
2 Tbsps. crushed garlic in oil
8 ozs. plain bread crumbs
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
WOODLAND MUSHROOM SAUCE:
2 qts. water
8 ozs. demi-glace sauce mix
3/4 oz. margarine
3 ozs. shallots, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. black pepper
4 ozs. dried wild mushroom mix
1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
6 ozs. marsala wine
- FOR THE PORK: Cover the 6 ozs. of dried mushrooms with boiling water and let soak for 30 minutes. Strain liquid off and coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Prepare each pork loin for stuffing by slicing through the center of the pork loin from end to end; flatten loins to about 1-in. thickness with a meat mallet.
- Sautè 8 ozs. shallots and garlic in olive oil until softened. Transfer to a cool pan and mix in salt, pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs and drained/chopped mushrooms.
- Season the inside portion of each pork loin with salt and pepper. Stuff each loin with 8 ozs. of mushroom stuffing. Roll up each loin to its natural shape and tie with butcher string. Season entire outside of each loin with granulated garlic, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Roast the loins on racks in a 325°F oven to an internal temperature of 155°F. Let pork stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- FOR THE WOODLAND MUSHROOM SAUCE: Sort through the 4 ozs. of dried mushrooms and discard any foreign objects. Cover mushrooms with boiling water and let soak for 30 minutes. Melt margarine in a skillet; add shallots and sautÈ over medium heat. Add marsala wine, thyme and pepper and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated. Combine demiglace mix and water in a stock pot or steam pot kettle; bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the shallot and marsala reduction and simmer for 30 minutes. Just before service, drain the mushrooms and chop them slightly. SautÈ the dried mushroom mix with the fresh mushrooms and add them to the sauce.
- Serve the sliced pork loin with mushroom sauce.
Recipe from Ryan More, executive chef/production manager, Shriver Center, Miami University, Oxford, OH.