Yield: 1 9-in. pie
4 red Anjou pears, cored, coarsely
juice of 1⁄2 lemon
1⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄3 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1⁄2 cup dried apricots, diced
1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
2 pieces prepared pastry dough (for double
2 Tbsps. butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Gently toss diced pears with lemon juice.
2. Mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, apricots and pecans. Gently mix in pears.
3. Pour mixture into prepared bottom pie crust. Dot top of pear mixture with butter pieces.
4. Top pie either with a full crust or cut top crust into lattice. Crimp crust edges. If using a top crust, cut several slits to vent pie.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
Recipe and photo from USA Pears, Pear Bureau Northwest.