YIELD: 6 portions
8 oz. dry Indian Harvest Aztec Blend (a mélange of amaranth, red rice, brown rice and multi-colored split peas)
6 oz. pulled cooked chicken
¾ cup roasted corn kernels
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 avocado, large dice
6 dried chiles
6 cups chicken stock
¼ cup chopped cilantro
3 oz. fried corn tortilla strips, ½" wide
6 half-moon slices, fresh lime
1. Cook Aztec Blend per package directions. Set aside to cool.
2. Per order: place ½ cup prepared Aztec Blend evenly in bottom of bowl. Add 1 oz. pulled chicken to center.
3. Top rice with 2 Tbsps. of the roasted corn, 1 Tbsp. diced tomato, 1-2 Tbsp. avocado and 1 dried chile pepper.
4. For tableside service*, present customer with bowl as described in step 3. And pour 1 cup hot chicken stock.
5. Garnish with tortilla strips, cilantro and lime.
*Chef's note: Tableside service makes customers feel the dish is made just for them, and reinforces the freshness of ingredients. If tableside is not an option, combine the first four ingredients with chicken stock and garnish each bowl with remaining ingredients before service.
Recipe: Indian Harvest/Chef Michael Holleman, Director of Culinary