YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
2 Tbsps. olive oil
2 shallots, finely minced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 cup small-dice portobello mushroom
2 lbs. ground beef
¼ cup small-dice sundried tomatoes
⅓ cup grated Parmesan
Pepper, as needed
4 oz. CreamyGorg cheese, thinly sliced
4 slices mild Provolone cheese, quartered
6 3" burger buns, split in half lengthwise
¼ cup pesto
4 Roma tomatoes, sliced ¼" thick
1. In a small sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté 3 to 4 minutes until wilted and liquid has reduced by ¾. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Place ground beef in a medium mixing bowl. Add cooled mushroom mix, sundried tomatoes, Parmesan and pepper to taste. Form beef/mushroom mixture into 8 sliders, approximately 3" in diameter and 1" thick.
3. Cook sliders on grill or griddle for 10 to 12 minutes, until desired doneness.
4. Just before serving, place several thin slices of CreamyGorg and 2 Provolone slice quarters on each slider to cover completely. Continue heating several minutes until cheese melts.
5. Lightly toast buns and brush the top and bottom of each bun half with pesto. For each slider, place 1 burger on the bottom bun half, top with 2 or 3 tomato slices, and crown with the bun top.
Recipe: Alison Awerbuch, co-owner and vice president, Abigail Kirsch Culinary Productions, New York. Photo: BelGioioso Cheese, Inc.