YIELD: 2 ¾ qts.
8 oz. spicy Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled
8 oz. ground beef, cooked, crumbled
4 oz. ham, sliced
½ tsp. light olive oil
2 qts. beef broth
½ oz. beef base
For Sun-Dried Tomato Sriracha:
2 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
¾ oz. sriracha chile sauce
3 oz. water
3 oz. cappellini pasta, cooked al dente
¼ oz. green onions, green part only, thin-cut on bias
½ oz. red bell peppers, 1 ½" × ⅛" strips
½ oz. yellow bell peppers, 1 ½" × ⅛" strips
½ oz. green bell peppers, 1 ½" × ⅛" strips
½ oz. baby spinach, destemmed, cleaned
¾ oz. globe tomatoes, deseeded, ⅜" dice
1. Arrange spicy Italian sausage, beef and sliced ham in a single layer on separate, parchment-lined sheet pans. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32°F and 36°F prior to use.
2. Heat olive oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Once hot, add sausage, beef and ham to the pot and saute for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to brown. Next add the beef broth and beef base to the pot. Turn heat to low and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the flavors have come together. Remove from heat, transfer to appropriate container, cover and hold hot at or above 135°F.
3. For Sun-Dried Tomato Sriracha: Place the sun-dried tomatoes, sriracha sauce and water in food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to container, cover and hold below 40°F.
4. To assemble single serving: Portion 10 oz. soup into serving bowl. Place the heated cappelini pasta (dunk the pasta in boiling water and drain well) in the center of the bowl. Garnish with green onions.
5. Combine the red, yellow and green bell peppers and arrange in small side dish. Likewise, arrange baby spinach, tomatoes and 1 oz. Sun-Dried Tomato Sriracha each in separate side dish or compartmentalized serving dish and serve.
Photo and recipe: Bonici — The Pizza Brand from Tyson Food Service