YIELD: 8 servings
15-16 oz. package frozen Asian dumplings/pot stickers, 20 to 24 count
5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
¼ cup Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Pepper Sauce
1 cup carrots, shredded
½ cup frozen peas
½ cup scallions, chopped
1. Cook dumplings in a 6 to 8-qt. pot of boiling unsalted water, uncovered, stirring occasionally until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Remove pot from heat and keep dumplings in hot water.
3. While dumplings continue to cook, bring chicken broth to a boil.
4. Add cabbage, mushrooms, pepper sauce and carrots, and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes; then add peas and cook 2 minutes.
5. Stir in scallions and boil until all vegetables are tender, about 1 minute.
6. Add drained dumplings to soup.
Photo and recipe: McIlhenny Company/Tabasco Brand Products