YIELD: 10 servings
5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
3 onions, thinly sliced
1⁄4 cup Thai red curry paste
1⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄3 cup fish sauce
3 Tbsps. lime zest, finely grated
2 Tbsps. garlic, minced
3 3⁄4 cups regular coconut milk
5 cans (14 oz.) drained cling peach slices
5 cups snow peas, julienned
5 red bell peppers, julienned
2 1⁄2 cups green onions, sliced thin on the bias
2 1⁄2 cups Thai or regular basil leaves, chiffonade
3⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
1. Cut chicken into 3⁄4-in. cubes; divide into ten portions, 8 ozs. each, and place in a hotel pan, separated by pieces of butcher paper. Cover tightly and reserve.
2. Prepare mise-en-place as indicated above, placing each ingredient in a bain marie insert.
3. Heat oil in a Dutch oven set over high flame. Add onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until golden and almost cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Add red curry paste, sugar, fish sauce, lime zest, garlic and coconut milk. Stir until well mixed.
4. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until reduced. Stir in peaches, snow peas and red peppers. cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with green onions, basil and coriander. Serve with cooked Thai sticky rice or basmati rice.
Recipe from California Cling Peach Board.