YIELD: 50 SERVINGS
1½ to 2 (29.77 oz.) bags prepared refried beans
1 lb. jicama, peeled and cut into matchstick-size pieces
8 oz. diced red bell pepper
2 tsps. ground cumin
2¼ cups lime juice
¾ cup honey
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
3 cups vegetable oil
salt, to taste
6 lbs. cooked, shredded pork loin
3 lbs. iceberg lettuce, shredded
6 lbs. oranges, peeled and sectioned
1½ lbs. radishes, thinly sliced
150 4" corn and/or flour tortillas, various colors
- Cook refried beans according to package instructions.
- Gently stir in jicama, bell pepper and cumin into the beans. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Combine lime juice, honey and cayenne. Gradually beat in the oil. Season to taste. Toss the pork with half of the honey-lime dressing.
- Separately, toss the lettuce, orange sections and radish slices in the remaining dressing.
- To serve, arrange 3 tortillas of assorted colors on each serving plate, slightly overlapping. Top 1 tortilla with lettuce mixture, top a second tortilla with pork mixture and top the third tortilla with bean mixture.
Photo and recipe: Basic American Foods