YIELD: 1 SERVING
4 portabella caps
2 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 (10 oz.) bowl prepared roasted vegetable soup
10 oz. lentils, any variety, cooked and drained
2 oz. red bell pepper, finely diced
4 oz. tofu, firm, diced
4 Tbsps. raita or tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber, garlic)
olive oil, for garnish
aged balsamic vinegar, for garnish
1. Heat grill.
2. Rub portabella caps with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill caps on both sides until the flesh softens and takes on a charred/grill-marked appearance.
3. Warm soup on stovetop or on microwave until heated through, then mix in cooked lentils.
4. Add red bell pepper and tofu to soup/lentil salad mixture, mixing gently.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
6. Slice each portabella cap into 4 sections and arrange on plates.
7. Place ½ cup of the warm lentil salad on each plate; garnish each plate with 1 Tbsp. raita or with optional garnishes, as desired, and serve.
Recipe: Chef Joseph Ascoli/Kettle Cuisine Photo: Kettle Cuisine