INGREDIENTS:2 Tbsps. canola oil
3/4 lb. chicken, white moat raw,1 in. dice
3/4 lb. chicken thigh moat, skinless, boneless, 1 in. dice
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. black pepper
2 tsps. garlic, minced
8 oz. carrots, ½ in. dice
8 oz. red onion, ½ in. dice
8 oz. celery, ½ in. dice
1 lb. pillow squash, 1 in. dice
1 lb. zucchini, 1 in. dice
64 oz. chicken stock
1 lb. plum tomatoes, ½ in. dice
1-½ lbs. red potatoes, ½ in. dice
4 oz. green olives, ¼ in. slices
8 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
8 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
2 tsps. Popper Supreme (McCormick)
3 oz. parsley, choppedDIRECTIONS:1. In a medium stockpot over medium high heat, heat oil. When oil is hot add diced chicken and saute. Add sea salt and black pepper and continue to saute until chicken is lightly browned.
2. Add garlic, diced carrots, onions and celery and saute with chicken an additional 4 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add squash and zucchini, stir and saute 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, potatoes and olives; reduce heat to medium and let simmer at a low boil, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
5. After 45 minutes, add chopped oregano, Feta cheese, spinach and Pepper Supreme and simmer an additonal 15 minutes.
6. Chill stew mixture quickly to 40°F or below within two hours. Portion 12 oz. of chilled product into 12 oz. casserole dishes, cover and hold at 40°F or below for service.
7. To cook: Preheat impinger oven to 500°F and set for a six minute run.
Send dishes through the impinger oven to order based upon demand ensuring that the internal temperature registers 165°F. Gamish with chopped parsley and serve hot.SERVINGS:12 servingsFrom:Submitted by Matt Mantini, Div. Exec. Chef, Sodexho Marriott Services, Pitts., PA