Yield: 10 servings
10 ea. chicken breast, suprême
1/2 tsp. salt
2 oz. olive oil, as needed
4 ea. garlic, cloves, mashed
10 oz. onions, julienne
10 oz. red pepper, julienne
10 oz. green peppers, julienne
8 oz. ham, julienne
8 oz. tomatoes, julienne
40 ea. olives, ripe, pitted, sliced
5 oz. dry sherry
20 oz. chicken stock
2 tsps. thyme, chopped
1 tsp. marjoram, chopped
1 Tbsp. arrowroot, diluted in water, or more as needed
- Dry the suprême and season it with the salt.
- Sautè the chicken in the oil until it is just cooked through. Remove and keep it warm.
- In the same oil, sautè the onions, garlic, and peppers. Add the ham, tomatoes, and olives; deglaze with the sherry.
- Add the stock; bring it to a boil and adjust the seasoning with the thyme and majoram.
- Add the diluted arrowroot to thicken the sauce. Serve the sauce over the chicken.
Recipe from Xavier Leroux, associate professor, Escoffier Restaurant, CIA, Hype Park, NY.