Yield: 4 crab cakes, 2 per serving.
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 can Chicken of the Sea® White Crabmeat (6 oz.), drained
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 22⁄3 Tbsp. red onion, minced
- 1 tsp. sundried tomatoes, rehydrated, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. basil, dry
- 1⁄2 tsp. oregano, dry
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
Mix all ingredients except olive oil and lemon wedges. Heat 1⁄2 Tbsp. olive oil in nonstick pan for each portion (2 crab cakes). Form crab cakes using 1⁄3 cup scoop into saute pan. Flatten and saute on each side (turning carefully) until lightly browned. Transfer crab cakes to plate, garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.