INGREDIENTS:5 ¼ cups flour
3 tsps. baking soda
2 ¼ tsps. salt
4 tsps. cinnamon
3 tsps. nutmeg
4 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
6 large eggs
1 cup peach juice (drained from canned peaches)
3 cups peaches (canned only)DIRECTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease three 9 inch x 5 inch x 3 inch loaf pans; set aside.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. Drain liquid from canned peaches, reserving 1 cup liquid, and set aside. Reserve a few peaches (if using halves, save 3; if using sliced, save 12), chop into small pieces and set aside. Place remaining peaches in food processor and blend until thick but not runny.
4. In a large bowl, mix chopped peaches, juice, sugar, oil and eggs together. Sift all dry ingredients into peach mixture and blend thoroughly by hand.
5. Pour mixture evenly into 3 loaf pans. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean.
6. Cool before removing from pans; serve in 1 inch slices.SERVINGS:24 one-inch slicesFrom:Recipe from Guckenheimer Enterprises, Inc.