½ cup butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
94 large marshmallows
12 cups crispy rice cereal
4 lbs. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 qts. heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
1 pt heavy whipping cream
1 ½ oz. confectioners sugar
1 ½ cups non-dairy whipped toppingDIRECTIONS:1. To prepare the crust: Lightly butter three, 9 springform pans. Combine melted butter and honey. Stir in marshmallows over low heat until mixture is smooth and warm.
2. Fold in cereal: Mix well. Quickly divide crust mixture into the three prepared pans. Press down lightly so crust conforms to pans’ sides.
3. To prepare the filling: Combine the cream and sugar and scald mixture over medium heat. Add chopped chocolate and whisk slowly until the chocolate is completely melted. Cool mixture over an ice bath until mixture thickens to the consistency of pudding.
4. Divide filling mixture into three portions and pour one portion over each crust. Cover pans with plastic film and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate filling is firm.
5. Spread ¼ cup of smooth peanut butter on the surface of the chocolate mixture in each pan.
6. To prepare the topping: Whip heavy cream together with confectioner’s sugar until medium peaks firm. Fold in non-dairy whipped topping. Spread this mixture evenly over the tortes.
7. Chill 30 minutes. Cut each torte into 16 slices.SERVINGS:3, 9-inch tortesFrom:Jeff Russo, baker, University of Maryland, College Park, MD