From: Executive Chef/owner Jennifer Jasinski, Rioja Restaurant, denver.
Yield: 24 egg halves.
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen (thawed) lobster
- 12 large hard-cooked eggs, halved
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 11⁄2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (Tabasco® or Cholula)
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 11⁄2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 11⁄2 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
- 24 small tarragon sprigs
- to taste, salt and pepper
- as needed, paprika
Chop lobster meat, saving 24 small pieces for garnish.
Place egg yolks in mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and garlic powder. Mix until yolks are smooth. Fold in lobster, parsley and chopped tarragon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate mixture, if desired, up to 2 hours.
Fill each egg white with a heaping spoonful of lobster mixture. Top each half with reserved piece of lobster and sprig of tarragon; sprinkle with paprika. serve immediately.