YIELD: 25 servings
2 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsps. thyme leaves, dried
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 2/3 cups eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cups lemon juice
2 lbs., 10 oz. USA pears, cored, thinly, sliced
2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- Blend sugar, flour, thyme, baking powder and salt in mixer on low speed 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and lemon juice. Mix on medium speed 2 minutes until blended.
- Pour lemon mixture into greased 12x20x2" steamtable pan.
- Place pears in rows on top of egg mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over pears.
- Bake in conventional oven at 350°F 35-40 minutes until filling is set and top is golden. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into 2x3" rectangles.
Recipe and photo submitted by Pear Bureau Northwest