Yield: 24 servings
48 beef short ribs (2 x 3-inch pieces)
salt and black pepper
vegetable oil, as needed
5 lbs. canned pineapple chunks in juice
6 cups chicken stock
1 1⁄2 cups KIKKOMAN Thai Style Chili Sauce
3 oz. chopped garlic
3 1⁄2 oz. cornstarch
3⁄4 cup water
24 cups cooked white rice
1 1⁄2 cups green onions, thinly cut on bias
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large rondo; brown ribs on all sides. Remove ribs from rondo and discard r-maining oil.
- Add pineapple and juice, stock, chili sauce and garlic to rondo; bring to a simmer. Return ribs to pan with sauce; cook in 300°F oven for about 3 hours or until meat is tender and falling from bone.
- Remove ribs from sauce; discard loose bones.
- Spoon off fat from top of sauce and discard fat. Mix cornstarch and water. Bring sauce to simmer on top of stove; slowly add cornstarch mixture, stirring until sauce thickens.
- For each serving, to order: Heat 2 pieces short ribs in 1⁄2 cup sauce. Place 1 cup rice on plate; arrange ribs along side. Pour sauce over ribs; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onions.
Submitted by Kikkoman International Inc.