YIELD: 8-10 servings
2 lbs. 26-30 count frozen shrimp
1 tsp. garlic, chopped
2 Tbsps. olive oil
1 qt. heavy whipping cream
2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
11 /2 tsp. chicken or shrimp base
2 cups peas and carrots (fresh or frozen)
3 lbs. 10-in. fettuccini noodles, cooked
as needed fresh parsley
- Thaw shrimp according to package directions. Saute shrimp in garlic and oil.
- For the sauce: In stockpot, bring heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic and base to a boil, stirring constantly. Thicken if needed.
- Steam peas and carrots to 140°F.
- Combine noodles, sauce and vegetables; top with sauteed shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Recipe from Chris Brown, Food and Nutrition Director, Transylvania Community Hospital, HDS Services, Brevard, NC.