YIELD: 24 servings
6 limes, juiced with pulp
3 /4 cup soy sauce
3 /4 cup scallions, chopped
6 Tbsps. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 oz. brown sugar
2 Tbsps. fresh gingerroot, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsps. fresh garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. lime zest
1 1 /2 tsps. red pepper flakes
4 1 /2 lbs. roasted turkey breast, cut into
1 /4-in. strips 6 large lavosh breads
1 1 /2 lbs. carrots, peeled and julienned
1 1 /2 lbs. cucumbers, peeled and julienned
- In a large food processor, combine lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, cilantro, peanut butter, brown sugar, gingerroot, garlic, lime zest and pepper flakes. Process for about 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a large bowl, mix sauce and turkey strips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The sauce will thicken as it sits.
- Unfold each lavosh bread.
- Drain turkey mixture, if necessary. Divide turkey mixture into 6 equal parts and spread evenly along lower quarter of each piece of bread. Layer with carrots and cucumbers.
- Roll up tightly and cut each lavosh into four equal portions.
Recipe from National Turkey Federation.
PHOTO: NATIONAL TURKEY FEDERATION