Yield: 8 servings.
- 12 oz. Certified Angus Beef® chuck steak rillette
- 12 oz. Certified Angus Beef® chuck steak, smoked and diced
- 12 oz. Certified Angus Beef® chuck steak, curried and diced
- 6 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- to taste, salt and pepper
- 1 eggplant, roasted and chopped fine
- to taste, truffle oil
- 24 brick dough or crepes
- 24 chives, blanched for tying
- 6 oz. dried cranberries
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 coconuts, shelled
- 27 oz. coconut milk
- 2 cups bechamel
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
To make beggar’s purses: Mix rillette with parsley, salt and pepper. Mix curried steak with eggplant, salt and pepper. Mix smoked steak with truffle oil, salt and pepper.
Create 24 beggar’s purses with brick dough, using each mixture for 8 of them. Tie each with a chive and bake at 200°F until golden brown.
To make cranberry sauce: Cook cranberres and cranberry juice over medium heat until reduced by half. Puree in blender and strain through chinois. season with salt and pepper and serve with rillette beggar’s purse.
To make coconut sauce: Cook coconut and milk over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Puree in blender and strain through chinois. season and serve with curry beggar’s purse.
To make cheese fondue: Combine bechamel and cheese over low heat. season and serve with truffle beggar’s purse.