Establishment: Restaurant, Club Operation, Business and Industry Account
Meal Type: Salad
Occasion: Celebrate Spring
Preparation Method: Simmer
Product Type: Turkey Thighs
2 Pounds TURKEY THIGHS
salt and black pepper
2 Cups olive oil
1 Each tangerine, quartered
1/2 Cup whole milk
2 Cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 Cup tamari soy sauce
1/4 Cup cola soda
1 Bunch scallions, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 Large jalapeno, seeds & membrane removed, minced
2 Each tangerines, zested and juiced
1/4 Cup rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1/2 Cup olive oil
1 Pound mesclun greens, washed and drained
3 Medium avocados, peeled & sliced into wedges
As needed blue corn tortilla strips
- Trim turkey thighs and remove bones. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and add turkey. Slowly simmer for 45 minutes until turkey is golden brown and very tender.
- Add tangerine, milk, garlic, soy sauce and cola. Simmer another 15 minutes.
- Remove turkey from liquid and drain thoroughly.
- Using 2 forks, shred the turkey. Reserve warm for service.
- Blend scallion, sugar, jalapeno, tangerine juice and zest, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce in a medium bowl.
- Using a wire whip, slowly incorporate olive oil.
- Place in a small saucepan and warm for service.
- For each order, in a large mixing bowl, toss the mesclun greens and avocado slices with warm vinaigrette. Place in the center of a warm service plate and top with the shredded turkey.
- Garnish with blue corn tortilla strips.