INGREDIENTS:1 gal.fat-free Italian dressing
2 ½ Tbsps. ground cumin
2 ½ Tbsps. crushed red pepper
4 Tbsps.chili powder
1 ¼ tsps.ground red pepper
1 Tbsp.granulated garlic
2 tsps.liquid smoke
72yellow baby sunburst squash or 4 ½ lbs. yellow squash
18 ozs.red peppers
2 ¼ lbs.red onions
4 ½ lbs.fresh mushrooms
4 ½ lbs.cherry tomatoes
18 ozs.green pepper
¼ lb.margarine or butter
1 oz.Montreal steak seasoningDIRECTIONS:1. Combine marinade ingredients (Italian dressing through liquid smoke), cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. If using yellow baby sunburst squash, clean and cut off the stems. If using whole fresh yellow squash, clean, cut off ends and cut into 1-in. chunks.
3. Clean red and green peppers; cut into 1 /2-in. x 1 ½-in. pieces. Clean and peel red onions; cut into ½-in. thick wedges. Clean cherry tomatoes, removing any stems. Clean mushrooms; slightly trim off stem ends.
4. Assemble each kabob as follows, threading onto 8-in. wooden skewers: 1 baby squash or squash chunk; 1 red pepper piece; 1 red onion wedge; 1 mushroom; 1 red onion wedge; 1 cherry tomato; 1 green pepper piece; 1 baby squash or squash chunk.
5. Place in pan or white tote in single layer. Pour marinade over kabobs, turning them to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
6. Place kabobs in rotisserie basket or on grill and brush with melted margarine or butter and season with steak seasoning. Bake in 350ºF rotisserie oven for approximately 25 minutes (or grill until tender). SERVINGS:36 kabobsFrom:Recipe from Beverly Rambo, Culinary Specialist, Miami University, Oxford, OH.