YIELD: 12 parfaits
Margarita Cream Filling:
21 oz. sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
16 ½ oz. fresh avocados, peeled and pitted
3 oz. fresh lime juice
3 ¾ oz. tequila
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
Graham Cracker Crust:
½ cup graham cracker crumbs
1 oz. butter, melted
1 ½ tsp. honey
1. Mix together melted butter and honey. Add crumbs and stir to distribute evenly. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes. Refrigerate to cool. Break into coarse crumbs. Label, date and refrigerate.
Raspberries Marinated in Cointreau
12 fresh raspberries
¼ cup Cointreau
1 ¾ cups whipped cream
lime zest, as needed
mint leaves, as needed
1. For the cream filling: With an electric mixer, whip together the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese until creamy and lump free. Mash together the avocados, lime juice, tequila and salt. Add avocado mixture to cream cheese mixture and whip together until lump free. Refrigerate 4 or more hours before assembling parfaits. Filling works well in a pastry tube.
2. For the graham cracker crust: Mix together melted butter and honey. Add crumbs and stir to distribute evenly. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Refrigerate to cool. Break into coarse crumbs. Label, date, refrigerate.
3. For the raspberries: mix raspberries and Cointreau; let marinate for 1 hour. Drain briefly and use as garnish.
4. To assemble parfaits: In stemmed glasses, add 1/8 cup whipped cream, 2 tsps. graham cracker crust crumbs, ½ cup margarita cream filling.
5. Garnish with 1 tsp. whipped cream, 1 Cointreau-marinated raspberry, and lime zest and mint leaves as needed.
Photo and recipe: California Avocado Commission