YIELD: 1 PIZZA, OR 2-3 SERVINGS
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp. powdered ginger
⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
3 Tbsp. praline liqueur
3 bananas, under ripe, ¼" slices
3 Tbsps. dark rum
⅛ tsp. Tabasco Brand Habanero Pepper Sauce
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. orange zest, finely minced
3 Tbsps. salted butter
10 oz. prepared pizza dough
2 Tbsps. cornmeal
¼ cup pecans, toasted, chopped
2 Tbsps. butter, melted
1 tsp. sugar, white
1 tsp. cinnamon
⅛ tsp. sea salt, coarse ground
½ cup crème fraiche
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium saute pan, cook sugar, ginger and nutmeg over low heat until sugar melts; add praline liqueur. Bring to a simmer; add bananas. Cook 1-2 minutes, spooning sauce over bananas until they begin to color. Plate bananas, leaving the sauce in the pan.
3. Add dark rum to sauce carefully, as sauce will flame up, and gently simmer. Cook until the flame subsides, 1-2 minutes. Add habanero pepper sauce, vanilla, orange zest and butter. Cook over low heat until the sauce reduces to a thick caramel consistency. Remove from heat and reserve warm.
4. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14" circle, leaving a ½" raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Using a fork, poke holes all over dough. Bake 6-8 minutes until light brown.
5. Remove from oven, spoon caramel sauce over pizza, and top with bananas and pecans. Bake another 3-4 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and brush the crust with melted butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle crust. Lightly sprinkle entire pizza with coarse ground sea salt. Cut into slices and top each slice with crème fraiche.
Recipe and photo: McIlhenny Company/Tabasco Brand Products