YIELD: 2 DOZEN SERVINGS
11⁄2 lbs. double smoked bacon
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted 1 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup corn syrup
1⁄4 cup water
1⁄4 cup butter
1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
11⁄2 lbs. milk chocolate
11⁄2 cups crushed pretzels
11⁄4 lbs. dark chocolate
21⁄2 cups heavy cream
1. Cook bacon until crisp; drain. Chop 6 slices cooked bacon and combine with toasted nuts.
2. Chop remaining bacon; set aside.
3. grease baking sheet. In large heavy sauce- pan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, water and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Heat to 280°F on candy thermometer.
4. Stir combined macadamia nuts and bacon, and vanilla into saucepan. Continue heating until temperature reaches 300°F.Stirinbaking soda; immediately pour onto greased baking sheet. Let cool. Break into very small pieces.
5. Line 13x9x2” baking pan with plastic wrap. 6. Melt milk chocolate in double boiler. Stir broken brittle and crushed pretzels into melted chocolate; spread evenly in baking pan; chill. 7. Melt dark chocolate in double boiler. Remove from heat and let stand until it reaches room temperature. add heavy cream; beat until thickened. Stir in reserved chopped bacon.
8. Spread over top of nut mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into serving pieces with warm knife.
Photo and recipe: Farmland Foods