YIELD: 35 (10”) cakes
For the crust:
8 lbs. graham cracker crumbs
1 lb. toasted and chopped macadamia nuts
2 ½ lbs. sugar
4 lbs. melted butter
1 oz. Chinese 5 spice
60 lbs. cream cheese
18 lbs. sugar
10 lbs. sour cream
8 lbs. manufacturing cream
3 gallons eggs
4 lbs. passion fruit compound
3 oz. vanilla paste
1. For the crust: combine crust ingredients. Place 8 oz. of crust mixture into each 10” pan (should be sprayed with nonstick and papered beforehand). Press into an even crust for each.
2. Cream together cream cheese and sugar, scrape bowl.
3. Add sour cream, mix until smooth, scrape bowl. Add in passion paste, vanilla and manufacturing cream, mix until smooth, scrape bowl.
4. Add eggs and mix until smooth.
5. Pour 2 qts. each into prepared pans.
6. Bake in a water bath at 250°F for 90 to 120 minutes. Chill overnight. Place cheesecake in bowl of warm water to knock out of pan. To serve: score each pan into 16 servings, garnish with chopped macadamia nuts and a rosette of whipped cream.
Photo: Stephanie Snipes, Felicia Caldwell, UCLA
Food styling and recipe: Executive Pastry Chef Anthony Nigro, Assistant Pastry Chef James Brannon, UCLA