YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
1 cup honey
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 cups vegetable oil
8 thin slices prosciutto
2 ripe cantaloupes
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup (6 oz.) crumbled blue cheese
1. Warm the honey and the rosemary in a small saucepan on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and set aside for 2 to 3 hours. Remove the rosemary sprigs.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet on medium-high heat. Fry the prosciutto until crisp, about 1 minute. Drain and cool on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Peel the cantaloupes. Cut in half and scoop out the seeds. With a very sharp knife, slice both cantaloupes as thinly as possible.
5. To serve: arrange 4 or 5 slices cantaloupe on each of 8 plates. Drizzle with the olive oil; and season with the salt and pepper. For each plate, crush one piece of prosciutto in your hand and sprinkle over the cantaloupe slices. Top with the blue cheese. Drizzle with the rosemary honey.
Photo and recipe: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board