YIELD: 118 cookies
1 cup butter, unsalted, softened
½ box muffin mix
1 tsp. pepper, red, dried, crushed
1 Tbsp. salt
2 ¼ cup cheese, parmesan, shredded
¼ cup water, cool (approx. 72°F)
1. Add butter and muffin mix to mixer bowl. Mix on low speed with paddle attachment for 2 minutes. Stop mixer; scrape bowl and paddle.
2. Add remaining ingredients to mixer bowl and mix on low speed for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Deposit dough on a parchment-lined sheet pan using a #70 scoop in a 6 x 8 pattern.
4. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of cookies. Place a second sheet pan on top of the parchment paper and press down firmly and evenly to flatten the cookies to approximately 1⁄4 inch thickness. Remove the second sheet pan and parchment once the cookies are flattened.
5. Bake in a convection oven at 300°F for 10-12 minutes, rotating pans one half turn after 5 minutes of baking or in a standard/reel oven at 350°F for 12-14 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, cool completely on cooling rack, approximately 30 minutes. Store covered, in airtight container.
Photo and recipe: General Mills Foodservice