YIELD: 32 2x3 inch servings
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
6 Tbsps. Syrup, maple flavored
½ box yellow cake mix 5 lb.
3 cups peanut butter, creamy
1 ½ cup peanuts, chopped
16 slices bacon, crisp, crumbled
2 cups ready-to-spread chocolate icing
8 slices bacon, crisp chopped
1. Pour 1⁄2 of water into mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, and cake mix.
2. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stop mixer; scrape bowl and paddle. Add remaining water gradually while mixing on low speed. Stop mixer; scrape bowl and paddle. Add peanut butter, peanuts and bacon. Mix on low speed for an additional 2 minutes. Do not over mix.
3. Place batter, into parchment lined and greased half sheet pan (pan will be very full).
4. Bake in a convection oven at 275°F for 50-54 minutes, rotating bans one-half turn after 15 minutes of baking or in a standard/reel oven at 350°F for 48-52 minutes.
5. To assemble: Cool cake. Frost cake with chocolate icing; sprinkle remaining 2 oz. bacon on top of icing. Cut cake into 32, 2x3-inch portions; serve.
Photo and recipe: General Mills Foodservice