YIELD: 60 doughnuts
4 ½ cups water (approx.. 50°F)
1 box Gold Medal ZT Buttermilk Biscuit Mix 5lb
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 Tbsps. black pepper
4 Tbsps. basil, dried
4 Tbsps. oregano, dried
1 Tbsp. salt
1. Mix water, biscuit mix and seasonings in large mixing bowl according to box directions, until a soft dough forms. Do not overmix.
2. Deposit dough using a #20 scoop onto parchment lined full sheet pans in a 4 x 6 pattern.
3. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of dough and top with a sheet pan. Press down lightly to flatten.
4. Cut dough using a 3-inch doughnut cutter. (Cut out centers of doughnuts can be placed back into unportioned dough or can be fried as doughnut holes. Repeat process using the dough from the doughnut centers.
5. Drop portioned doughnuts into preheated oil and fry until golden brown and cooked through turning as necessary. (Fry in doughnut oil in a Deep Fat Fryer at 350°F for 3-6 minutes.)
6. Drain on wire rack. Cool slightly before serving.
7. Serving suggestion: Dust lightly with parmesan cheese and serve with marinara sauce or ranch dressing for dipping.
Photo and recipe: General Mills Foodservice