YIELD: 24 servings
12 oz. whole grain blend (wheat, buckwheat groats, red rice, flax and quinoa flakes)
6 qts. pineapple tidbits, canned, drained, juice reserved
2 Tbsps. allspice, ground
½ cup flour
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
3 qts. reserved juice (supplement with apple juice if needed)
18 oz. rolled oats (about 6 cups)
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup canola oil
1. In large bowl, mix grain blend with pineapple, allspice, flour, salt and reserved juice. Combine thoroughly.
2. In separate bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar and canola oil.
3. In full hotel pan, spread fruit mixture out evenly.
4. Sprinkle oat topping over fruit mixture to cover.
5. Bake in 350°F convection oven 1 hour or until top is browned and filling is bubbling and caramelized.