Bianca Williams, Lead Cook
Nominator: Jason Borah, Food Service Director
“Bianca’s commitment to her community is unparalleled and exemplifies Aramark’s ideals of community engagement. Whether at work or away, she is actively engaged in community building for the betterment of all.
In the Community:
• Volunteer leader of organized marches against violence in the City of Chicago.
• Her group, Organizers for Change (OFC), hosted community givebacks every weekend during this period, providing food, clothes, baby products, and resources for the community.
• Bianca and OFC partnered with the U.S. Census to encourage those from neighborhoods with low participation to be counted in the census.
• During periods of unrest in the city, her OFC team reached out to provide a delivery/errand service for the elderly who could not get access to medicine or food on their own.
• Bianca led OFC in collecting donations to provide food and groceries for households whose children were impacted by school closures.
• Bianca personally launched a business called Millennials with Purpose Inc. Her business seeks to educate the millennial generation on investing, finances, land banking, forex, budgeting, debt management and maintaining good health.
• Bianca brings creative collaboration. She is a South Chicago native who worked at her account with an incumbent provider prior to joining the Aramark team. She really understands what the guests want in terms of service, product mix, menu development, and culinary spotlight.
• Bianca is an engaged leader. Whether she is drawing from her wealth of experience to teach a team member new skills or using her infectious sense of humor and demeanor to lighten the mood, she is always demonstrating her leadership abilities to create a more cohesive and engaged team.
• Bianca displays reliable honesty. From sharing best SAFE practices to calling out areas of improvement, you can always be assured that she will be sharing her authentic and meaningful feedback as well as offering solutions to make our operation run as efficiently as possible.
Bianca sets the bar high for the team in civic responsibility and helps to align co-workers with groups where they can participate and make a difference in their community, including Aramark ERGs.
With Bianca on staff, we have forged a stronger connection with our client. Over the last five months, Bianca has helped increase sales week over week by over 30%. Through targeted outreach, she has driven a sales increase of almost 15% through driving additional visits and average check in the last 90 days.
Bianca is responsible for day-to-day culinary operations at our client’s Chicago assembly plant. Her huge smile and thoughtful creativity extend across the entire district, though. Daily, she prepares food onsite and oversees the culinary program for her account, including compliance, ordering, and inventory. Bianca also has direct oversight of food service employees.”