As the 2023 NCAA football season kicks off across the country, Aramark Sports + Entertainment, food and beverage partner at 14 collegiate football facilities, is unveiling a fresh new lineup of culinary concepts and innovative technology that will increase speed of service and elevate the gameday experience for fans.
“College football venues host some of the most enthusiastic and passionate sports fans in the nation, and with this season’s lineup of innovative tech offerings and culinary concepts developed in-house at Aramark, there is even more for guests to be excited about when they walk through the stadium gates,” says President/CEO Alison Birdwell of Aramark Sports + Entertainment. “We know these fans never want to miss a moment of the game, so we’re thrilled to provide guests with solutions that get them what they need fast while also satisfying their appetites.”
Among the additions is a variety of new and convenient self-checkout technologies that make purchasing gameday favorites faster. These AI-powered, grab-and-go models will get fans back to the game at record speeds…
• Walk Thru Bru locations (East Carolina University, University of Tennessee, University of Washington): Guests who verify their age as 21+ using valid, government-issued identification can get a wide variety of beverages at Walk Thru Bru locations and check out faster than a traditional portable with these kiosks.
• Self-dispensing popcorn machines (Virginia Tech, NC State, University of South Carolina, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, and University of Washington): With the swipe of a credit card and push of a button, fans will be able to fill up their own buckets of popcorn and be back to their seats in no time.
In addition, Aramark’s culinary teams were hard at work this offseason creating new and unique dining concepts specifically for its collegiate football accounts. These new concepts offer a fresh take on fan favorites like burgers, pretzels, and popcorn and push the envelope on popular cuisine categories like barbecue and comfort food, among others. They include…
• ‘Pack n Cheese (NC State): A creamy mac and cheese concept.
• Bakes & BBQ (University of Washington): Combines sweet and savory in items like a local apple fritter pulled pork sandwich.
• Black Sail Grill (East Carolina University): Hamburgers, hot dogs, and bratwursts from a new Black Sail Grill tent and grilled items like Philly cheesesteaks at a new food truck location.
• Cackalacky BBQ Shack (University of North Carolina Chapel Hill): Carolina barbecue favorites with a standout pulled pork mac and cheese using the officially licensed Tar Heels BBQ Sauce.
• City Steak (Virginia Tech): Philly cheesesteaks with signature topping options have been added to fan favorites such as hot dogs, popcorn and peanuts.
• Fire in the Hole BBQ (East Carolina University): Pork and chicken barbecue sandwiches come with an array of zesty sauces.
• Hokie Float (Virginia Tech): Serves Coca-Cola floats with vanilla ice cream as well as cookie ice cream sandwiches.
• HuskyVines (University of Washington): Showcases a rotation of featured wines from University of Washington alumni wineries.
• Margarita Casita (University of Arizona): Frozen drinks on deck for fans to enjoy popular margaritas etc.
• Southern Slushie (University of South Carolina): Thirst-quenching spot offers frozen daqueiris, domestic beers, seltzers, etc.
• Twisted Toppings (Virginia Tech): Pretzels with a twist, so fans can try a classic Bavarian pretzel or opt for a cheesy pizza pretzel.
• Wolfpack Grill (NC State): Cheesesteaks hot off the grill are offered in addition to traditional gameday fare.
These savory new dishes can be found at multiple locations throughout the stadiums:
• Cracklin’ Nachos (NC State): House made barbecue spiced pork rinds served with a pimento cheese dipping sauce.
• Smoked Sausage on a Stick (University of North Carolina Chapel Hill): A locally sourced Carolina sausage served with just the right combination of smoke and spice.
In addition to its entirely new culinary brands, Aramark is also expanding existing concepts that students have come to know and love. First introduced to the collegiate audience last season, these concession locations feature elevated nachos, taco, and chicken tender dishes, ad all concepts also offer meat-alternative options…
• At East Carolina University and University of South Carolina, Big Dipper’s Chicken is a premium concept that features chicken tenders and hand-tossed fries with a variety of sauces for dipping, while Crunch Loaded Nachos offers elevated classic nachos and three meat-based options.
• At University of Tennessee, Eat Drink Taco offers high-quality tacos sold in pairs with a side of chips and salsa.