YIELD: 1 serving
Oil for frying
½ lb. premade white chocolate mousse mix
¼ cup + 1 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
1 (12”) flour tortilla
1 banana, peeled
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsps. granulated sugar
2 oz. premade caramel crème dessert sauce
1 tsp. powdered sugar
1. Preheat fryer to 350°F and fill with oil. Heat for 30 minutes.
2. Add mousse mix to heavy cream. In electric mixer, whip at low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl and continue to whip at high speed until peaks form.
3. Spread 6 Tbsps. of moussed evenly on flat tortilla, making sure not to go all the way to edge.
4. Slice banana lengthwise into 2 pieces. Place banana slices in center of tortilla. From bottom of wrap, fold short end over banana. Fold sides of wrap in tightly and wrap until compact.
5. Fry for 3 minutes.
6. Mix together cinnamon and sugar. Roll fried tortilla in cinnamon sugar, coating evenly. Place 2 Tbsps. mousse in middle of plate. Cut roll diagonally and place on top of mousse.
Photo and recipe: Purdue University Dining & Catering
Related story: Menu Mix