YIELD: 12 SERVINGS
For the pork:
½ cup corn oil
2 oz. fresh garlic, minced
⅛ cup ground cumin
6 lbs. fully cooked smoked pulled pork
3 cups orange soda
⅓ cup, 2 tsps. fresh lime juice
For the lettuce filling:
3 lbs. shredded fresh iceberg lettuce
¼ cup green onions, coarse- chopped
⅛ cup cilantro, coarse-chopped
For the assembly:
96 6” white flour tortillas
3 cups prepared guacamole
3 cups sour cream
3 cups prepared green chile salsa
3 cups prepared roasted tomato salsa
6 oz. thinly sliced radishes
24 lime wedges Tortilla strips, optional
1. For the pork: Working in several small batches, heat oil in large skillet over high heat; add garlic, cumin and pork. Heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add orange soda and lime juice to skillet and simmer over high heat for 5 minutes or until moisture has evaporated and internal temperature of pork reaches 140°F for 15 seconds. Keep warm above 140°F.
3. Combine lettuce, green onions and cilantro in a bowl and toss to blend. Cover and chill to hold.
4. To assemble each plate for sharing: Place 8 tortillas on flat work surface. Fill each with 1 oz. pork, ½ oz. lettuce blend and ½ Tbsp. each guacamole, sour cream and green chile salsa. Fold each taco closed and arrange around outer edge of plate. Portion ¼ cup red salsa into ramekin and arrange in center of plate.
5. Garnish plate with ½ oz. radishes, 2 lime wedges, and tortilla strips.
Photo and recipe: Tyson Foodservice