YIELD: 4 servings
3 Tbsps. butter
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 oz. white wine
2½ cups heavy cream
¾ cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
2 6-in. sweet Italian sausage links, sliced into coins
3 cups cooked fusilli pasta
Fresh basil, as needed
1. In a small saucepot over medium heat, add butter and garlic. Cook until garlic becomes translucent.
2. Add white wine and cook until alcohol has evaporated.
3. Add cream and cook to reduce by half
4. Remove from heat and add cheese. Whisk until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add pasta and sausage.
6. Per order, place ¼ of mixture into a to-go container. Garnish with basil.
Recipe and photo: Sara Lee Foodservice