YIELD: 12 servings
5 American Lamb racks, French salt and pepper, to taste
18 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2½ cups pomegranate molasses or syrup
1½ qts.chicken stock rice vinegar, as needed
>2 pomegranates, wedged for garnish
1. Season racks with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread garlic on each rack. Drizzle 1 to 2 ounces pomegranate molasses or syrup over meat side of each rack. Let rest for 20 minutes.
3. Place racks meat side up on roasting racks in pans. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from pans, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Deglaze roasting pans with stock and stir in remaining pomegranate molasses or syrup. Add a splash of vinegar to balance sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. To serve: Slice chops and serve with potatoes Ana and Brussels sprouts. Pour sauce around lamb and garnish with pomegranate wedge.
Recipe was develdoped by Aran Essig, CEC, CCA, an executive chef and trainer with the University of Northern Colorado. Photo by Chef Essig; recipe submitted by the American Lamb Board