Donald Miller, CEC, CCE, AAC, executive chef for the University of Notre Dame Food Services, won the Chef Professionalism Award sponsored by Minor's during the American Culinary Federation's National Convention in Orlando in mid-July. More than a thousand chefs, cooks, students and foodservice professionals attended the annual event, which provided attendees with opportunities to advance their professional development and enhance their culinary skills through informative workshops and seminars, cutting-edge demonstrations, a trade show featuring more than a hundred exhibitors, national competitions and ACF's annual national awards.
Other award winners from among onsite foodservice segments included...
• Sean Blair, CSC, of Chartwells in Canal Winchester, OH (AFC President's Medallion);
• Russell Campbell, CEC, chief of the advanced foodservice training division for the U.S. Army in Fort Lee, VA (Cutting Edge Award);
• St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center in Syracuse, NY (ACF Achievement of Excellence Award);
• James Kokenyesdi, CEC, CCA, foodservice supervisor for the St. Clair County (MI) Community Mental Health Authority (Chef & Child Foundation Award);
• Michael Hiller, chef for Delaware North Companies Sportservice in Chicago (True Spirit Award);
• David J. Turcotte, CEC, AAC, executive chef, U.S. Army, Fort Lee, VA (Lt. General John D. McLaughlin Award);
• Ralph Comstock, CEC, AAC, retired executive chef, Ivy Tech Community College in Indianapolis (Sharing Culinary Traditions Award);
• Gino Corelli, CEC, AAC, HOF, retired executive chef, Brown University (Lifetime Achievement Award);
• James F. Connolly, CEC, AAC, divisional director of culinary services, Atria Senior Living Management LLC, Louisville, KY (2012 American Academy of Chefs Culinary Hall of Fame);
• Gary J. Rawson, CEC, AAC executive chef/manager, Vanderbilt Dining (2012 American Academy of Chefs Culinary Hall of Fame).