The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) has announced the 2021 class of Silver Plate award winners, who are nominated by IFMA members and other industry leaders and then selected by a jury consisting of past Silver Plate winners and trade press editors, including Food Management, Nation’s Restaurant News and Restaurant Hospitality.
From these Silver Plate winners, one was chosen by the jury to receive the industry's most prestigious recognition, the IFMA Gold Plate Award, which will be revealed during the live 67th annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration taking place virtually on Sept. 14.
This year, nine Silver Plate winners were named, including honorees in the Health Care, Elementary/Secondary School, College & University, Business & Industry/Foodservice Management and Retail/Specialty Foodservice categories that form much of FM’s audience. On the commercial side of the industry were winners in the Chain/Full-Service, Independent Restaurant/Multi-Concept, Chain Limited Service and Hotels/Lodging categories
Here’s this year’s winning Silver Plate class, starting with those in the onsite markets...
• Health Care: Antoinette “Toni” Watkins, MS, RDN, Director System Nutrition for Riverside Health System
• Elementary & Secondary Schools: Dani Sheffield, Executive Director of Child Nutrition Services, Aldine (Texas) Independent School District
• Colleges & Universities: Steve Mangan, Senior Director of University of Michigan Dining Services
• Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Scott Davis, CEO, FLIK Hospitality
• Retail & Specialty Foodservice: Phillip Allison, Deputy Director, U.S. Naval Academy Business Services Division
• Chain Full Service: John Cywinski, President, Applebee’s Grill + Bar
• Independent Restaurant/Multi-Concept: Thomas Keller, Chef/Proprietor, Chef Thomas Keller's Restaurants
• Chain Limited Service: Nick Vojnovic, President, Little Greek Fresh Grill
• Hotels & Lodging: Bill Kohl, Principal, Greenwood Hospitality Group