The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) has announced the 68th class of Silver Plate award winners at IFMA's 2022 Chain Operators EXchange (COEX) in Austin, Texas. The candidates are nominated by IFMA members and other industry leaders and then selected by a jury consisting of past Silver Plate winners and trade press editors, including Food Management, Nation’s Restaurant News and Restaurant Hospitality.
From these, one was chosen by the jury to receive the industry's most prestigious recognition, the IFMA Gold Plate Award, which will be revealed during the 68th annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration in Chicago on May 21, 2022.
"For 68 years the IFMA Gold & Silver Plate Awards have recognized the incredible achievements of individuals that have shaped and transformed our industry," said IFMA President/CEO Phil Kafarakis. "We look forward to inducting seven new icons into the esteemed Gold & Silver Plate Society of winners and bringing the industry together for an unforgettable in-person celebration this May."
This year, Silver Plate winners were named in the Health Care, Elementary/Secondary School, College & University and Business & Industry/Foodservice Management categories that form much of FM’s readership as well as in the Chain/Full-Service, Independent Restaurant/Multi-Concept and Chain Limited Service categories on the commercial side of the industry.
Here is this year’s winning Silver Plate class, starting with those in the onsite markets...
• Health Care: Cheryl Shimmin, Executive Director of Culinary and Nutrition Care at Kettering Health
• Elementary & Secondary Schools: Alyssia L. Wright, Ed.S., Executive Director of School Nutrition for Fulton County (Ga.) Schools
• Colleges & Universities: Andre Mallie, Assistant Vice President at the University of San Diego
• Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Paco and Tina Rodriguez, Founders of SAGE Dining Services
• Chain Full Service: Lance Trenary, President & CEO of Golden Corral
• Independent Restaurant/Multi-Concept: Sammy Gianopoulos, Co-Owner & Executive Chef at Crisp Hospitality Group
• Chain Limited Service: Frances Allen, President & CEO of Checkers & Rally's Drive-In Restaurants