YIELD: 1 cheesecake
2000 grams graham cracker ground
1000 grams melted butter, salted
15 lbs. cream cheese
1790 grams sugar
2550 grams sour cream
175 grams orange juice
2 cans #10 Pumpkin puree
50 grams juice of fresh ground ginger
½ tsp. salt
1.5 cups fresh chopped thyme
2 Tbsps. nutmeg powder
2 Tbsps. cinnamon powder
1. For the graham cracker crust: In a pan, melt butter, add crumbs and mix. Place 2 Tbsps. each in the bottom of aluminum pans as base to the cheesecake
2. For the cheesecake filling: Cream together cream cheese and sugar in bowl.
3. Add eggs, sour cream, orange and pumpkin. Scrape down.
4. De-stem and chop fresh thyme – very fine.
5. Add salt, spices and herbs, mix.
6. Add cream cheese mix on top of cracker crumbs and bake in water bath at 300°F for about 25 minutes until set or, slight crack appears.
7. Cool in water bath at room temp for about 30 minutes. Refrigerate and serve at 45°F.
Recipe and photo: Erin Reddin & Aatul Jain, Saint Clare’s Health System