YIELD: 10 to 15 servings
1 loaf focaccia
½ cup sun dried tomato, packed in oil
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup olives, pitted
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup basil, fresh
1 cup shredded cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan)
8 oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced (approximately 8 slices)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place focaccia on an ovenproof sheet pan.
2. Finely chop garlic and place in medium sized mixing bowl with the olive oil.
3. Coarsely chop tomato and olives and add to garlic. Toss to combine and spread this mixture evenly over entire focaccia loaf. Scatter the cheese over entire loaf, being careful not to go past the edges.
4. Place focaccia in the oven and remove from oven when the cheese is thoroughly melted. Carefully arrange prosciutto slices to cover as much of the focaccia as possible. Remove the stems from basil and chiffonade.
5. Sprinkle basil evenly over the focaccia and cut into five rectangles and then each of those into three rectangles.
Photo and recipe: La Brea Bakery